20 Newest and Greatest Songs for a First Dance
During a wedding reception, the dance between a husband and wife that supersedes all others in significance, time or order, is referred to as The First Dance.
Among all the wedding traditions, The First Dance is one of the only ones that are not based on superstitions from centuries ago. The First Dance is a derivative of elements in events such as cotillions and other social balls, where the person of the highest social position led the first dance.
The First Dance, more often than not, takes place right after the grand entrance. It may include the wedding party, it might be a choreographed routine, but more than likely it is just the happy couple slowly traversing the dance floor.
On occasion, The First Dance starts the entire chain of dancing events. It is followed by other formal dances like the father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, and finally ends with a bridal party dance or an invitation for every guest to join the happy couple on the dance floor.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that the musical selection for this dance is very personal and therefore entirely up to the bride and groom to select a song that is special to them. While there are thousands of choices of great love songs and wedding songs, we decided to introduce you to just the best 20 songs from the last few years.
- Tyler Rich – The Difference 2018, Country
- Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line – Meant to Be 2017, Pop
- Brett Young – In Case You Didn’t Know 2017, Country
- Chris Stapleton – Millionaire 2017, Country
- Ed Sheeran – Perfect 2017, Rock
- Imagine Dragons – Walking The Wire 2017, Rock
- Imaginary Future & Kina Grannis – I Will Spend My Whole Life Loving You 2017, Folk
- LP – Lost On You 2017, Pop
- Phillip Phillips – Dance With Me 2017, Pop
- Russell Dickerson – Yours 2016, Country
- James Arthur – Say You Won’t Let Go 2016, Pop
- Dan + Shay – From the Ground Up 2016, Country
- Chris Stapleton – Tennessee Whiskey 2015, Country
- Dustin Kensrue – Of Crows and Crowns 2015, Christian
- Haley Reinhart – Can’t Help Falling in Love With You 2015, Pop
- Kodaline – The One 2015, Indie
- Leon Bridges – Coming Home 2015, R&B
- Meghan Trainor feat. John Legend – Like I’m Gonna Lose You 2015, Soul
- Thomas Rhett – Die A Happy Man 2015, Country
- Sara Bareilles – I Choose You 2014, Pop
Contributor - Josef Schein
DJ/MC Danse Forté Entertainment