Ask this from your venue coordinator or forever hold your peace
We have chosen a sampling of 33+3 things to ask
● How do I reserve my wedding/reception at this location?
● Do you offer all-inclusive packages?
● Can the packages be customized to my needs?
● Can I confirm a Booking Agreement without menu selections?
● We have guests from out of town, when is the earliest we can schedule a ceremony rehearsal?
● Can our special pet participate in the wedding?
● Could I receive a breakdown (Itemized list) of all the costs?
● Is there any flexibility in the pricing?
● How much money is required for the deposit?
● What forms of payment do you accept?
● What if we need to postpone the wedding?
● When can we make our menu selections?
● What is the deadline for making the menu selection?
● Can we offer our guests a choice for their entrée?
● We have guests that are vegetarian, gluten free, as well as a severe peanut allergy – can you accommodate?
● Do you have Children’s Meals?
● Do you offer Vendor Meals?
● Can we take the leftovers home?
● Please explain the Bar charges and the various options available.
● Can we bring in our own Alcoholic Beverages?
● When is the final count due?
● The food selections are very important to us, can we taste our menu before the event?
● What is overage charge for “unexpected guests”?
● Do you have any photography restrictions?
● Do work with preferred vendors, such as officiants to perform ceremonies?
● What specialty vendors can I use?
● What time can the vendors come in to set up?
● Does the venue have restrictions on décor?
● Are tables and chairs an additional fee?
● Do you have a map to give our guests?
● Do you know of any hotels close-by?
● What can I expect in the planning timeline?
● Who will I be working with?
● What is the contingency plan in case of inclement weather?
● Are there any sound restrictions?
● Is there plenty of lighting and can it be modified to fit the mood of the event?
Once the location is secured you can breathe a sigh of relief, then move on to handle the countless other things you will have to tackle. But it is all about checking them of the list one at a time.
Contributor - Josef Schein