We create the soundtrack to the celebrations of your life
Wedding Day Emergency Kit
You have been dreaming of this day since you were a little girl and today is here.
You may expect everything to go according to plan, but it would be foolish to not be ready for the unexpected.
The following is a checklist of things every bride should have on hand on her wedding day.
- Hand lotion: To keep your hands moisturized and soft throughout the day, especially during photo sessions.
- Wet wipes: For quick clean-ups and to freshen up throughout the event.
- Curling iron, Hot rollers: Touch up your hairstyle or add some curls for a quick hair transformation.
- Tissues: Essential for dabbing away tears of joy or for any unexpected sniffles.
- Hairdryer: Perfect for quick hair fixes or for adding volume to your hairstyle.
- Cotton balls, Cotton swabs: Versatile for makeup touch-ups, fixing smudged eyeliner, or removing excess mascara.
- Brush, Comb: Keep your hair looking neat and tangle-free throughout the celebration.
- Makeup: For touch-ups and to ensure your makeup looks flawless all day long.
- Hairspray, Hair gel: Keep your hairstyle in place and prevent any flyaways.
- Makeup remover: Easily remove any makeup mishaps or for a clean slate at the end of the night.
- Bobby pins, Hair elastics, Barrettes: Secure loose strands or create new hairstyles on the go.
- Nail polish in shade worn: Fix any chipped nails or touch up your manicure for picture-perfect hands.
- Headband/clips for your hair back while applying makeup: Keep hair away from your face during makeup touch-ups.
- Nail polish remover: To remove any unwanted polish or fix smudged nails.
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, and Floss: Freshen up your breath and maintain oral hygiene throughout the day.
- Nail file: Fix any snags or rough edges on your nails.
- Lint brush: Keep your outfit free from lint or pet hair.
- Tweezers: For last-minute eyebrow grooming or removing splinters.
- Baby powder: Helpful for absorbing any moisture or reducing friction in uncomfortable shoes.
- Small grooming scissors: Trim loose threads or emergency clothing alterations.
- Deodorant: Stay fresh and confident throughout the festivities.
- Small hand towel: Use for refreshing your face, and hands, or to wipe away any spills.
- Perfume: A spritz of your favorite scent for a touch of elegance and lasting fragrance.
"Throwaway" garter: To toss during the garter toss tradition, preserving the main garter as a keepsake.
- Safety pins, Sewing kit with thread to match bride's and attendants' dresses, Scissors, and extra buttons: Essential for any wardrobe malfunctions or last-minute alterations.
- Clear nail polish for runs in pantyhose / extra pantyhose: Quick fix for pantyhose mishaps or as a spare pair for emergencies.
- Masking tape or sewing tape (last-minute ripped hems): Temporary fix for torn hems or loose seams.
- Extra earring backs: Prevents any potential earring disasters or loss during the celebrations.
- Club soda or other stain removal solutions: Effective for tackling unexpected stains on clothing.
- Flat shoes for the reception: Provides comfort for dancing and relieves any discomfort from high heels.
- Iron: Perfect for last-minute garment touch-ups or smoothing out any wrinkles before important moments.
Antacid: Relieves any indigestion or heartburn that may arise during the wedding day.
- Bandages: Provides quick first aid for minor cuts or blisters.
- Antihistamine, Cold remedy, Any prescription medications: Addresses allergy symptoms, common cold, or ensures the availability of necessary prescription medications for the couple or guests.
- Upset stomach remedy: Offers relief for any digestive discomfort or nausea.
- Aspirin, Pain relievers: Alleviates headaches or any mild pain that may occur throughout the day.
- Feminine hygiene products (tampons, panty liners, etc.): Ensures comfort and convenience for the bride or any female guests during their menstrual cycle.
Extra copies of directions to the reception: Ensures that everyone involved can easily navigate to the reception venue.
- Small flashlight: Provides light in case of dimly lit areas or power outages.
- Breath mints: Helps keep fresh breath throughout the day, especially for close interactions and photos.
- Folding utility knife: Handy for quick fixes or opening packages.
- Cell phone and home phone numbers of all wedding participants: Allows for easy communication and coordination among wedding participants.
- Duct tape: A versatile tool for last-minute repairs or securing decorations.
- Contact information for all vendors: Enables quick communication with vendors in case of any issues or changes.
- Cooler with juice, sodas, bottled water, and snacks: This keeps the wedding party and guests hydrated and nourished throughout the day.
- Champagne, Glasses: To toast and celebrate special moments during the wedding day.
If you think of anything else that might set your mind at ease, then, by all means, add it to the Emergency Kit. In many respects, this is about giving you a sense of readiness, more than it is about actually putting out fires.
Contributor - DJ/MC Josef Schein
Danse Forté Entertainment
More Blogs . . .